Folder Size In Windows 10
3 Ways to Show/View Folder Size in Windows 10
There are 3 ways discussed in this article that focus on show folder size Windows 10. The main goal of each of these three ways is to resolve the issue of how to show folder size in Windows 10.
- Method 1 - How to Show Folder Size in Windows 10?
- Method 2 - How to View Folder Size in Windows 10 From Properties?
- Method 3 - How to Display Folder Size in Windows 10 Using Folder Size explorer application?
Method 1 - How to Show Folder Size in Windows 10?
Follow these steps for using Windows Explorer to show folder size in Windows 10:
- Open Windows Explorer
- Click View -> Options
- Click "Change Folder And View Options"
- The Windows 10 folder sizes options will be displayed:
- Tick the box beside the option "Display file size information in folder tips" in the advanced settings dialog box.
- Click on "OK" to save the changes.
- Open Windows Explorer in Windows 10 and hover the mouse over a folder.
- Folder size will be displayed in a tooltip as seen below.
Method 2 - How to View Folder Size in Windows 10 From Properties?
Another way to view folder size Windows 10 is to check it from properties. The sizes of files are listen in the Windows 10 File Explorer, but the size of the folder is not displayed. Follow the steps below to see the folder size using properties:
- Open Windows File Explorer.
- Locate the folder for which you want the folder size to be displayed.
- Right-click the folder and from the popup-menu select "Properties"
- A window named "[Folder Name] Properties" will pop up showing the folder size in "Size" and space occupied on the disk at "Size on disk" fields respectively
- Displaying folder size in Windows 10 File Explorer may take some time on large folders like in the example above. Wait until windows calculates the folder size - the count of files and the folder size will stop changing once the calculation is complete.
Method 3 - How to Display Folder Size in Windows 10 Using Folder Size explorer application?
Though the above methods will do the trick and show folder sizes in Windows, they are not very convenient if you want to view all folder sizes simultaneously. A much better alternative is to use the FREE Folder Size explorer application to view folder capacities easily.
Folder Size explorer is a free application that can list all folder sizes in Windows 10. It is very lightweight and easy to use. It does not make any system changes or modifications to the native Windows 10 File Explorer so it will not affect the performance of your system - it will run only when you need it. It adds a context menu item inside Windows File Explorer named "Scan with Folder Size". All you have to do is right-click a folder and click "Scan with Folder Size" or you can just run the application and it will display all windows 10 folder sizes. It can also view folder sizes of network/NAS locations and external/portable hard drives.
Folder Size explorer has many features. Here are just few of them:
- List all folder sizes in Windows 10 and all other windows versions listed below.
- Display largest folders and largest files.
- Sort folders from largest to smallest.
- Visualize folder sizes using beautiful Pie and Bar charts.
- Export to CSV, XML, PDF or print folder and files lists together with their sizes.
- View oldest or newest files and folders inside a folder and all its subfolders.
- List the files and folders with the longest paths.
Folder Sizes Explorer works on Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Windows 98 including x86 and x64 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.
Supported server OS: Windows Server 2003 / Home Server / Server 2008 / EBS 2008 / HPC Server 2008 / Server 2008 R2 / Home Server 2011 / Server 2012 / MultiPoint Server / Small Business Server
Folder Size Explorer in Windows 7
Folder Size Explorer in Windows 8
Folder Size Explorer in Windows 10