Find Largest Files in 3 Simple Steps
- Start the free Folder Size tool and scan the folder or drive that will be searched.
- Select "Largest files" from the toolbar.
- The largest files in the currently selected drive or folder will be listed instantly.
There is no need to specify minimum size. The top 100 largest files inside the currently selected drive or folder will be listed instantly. If you want to analyze another location, just click on it and the report will be refreshed instantly.
Folder size can sort folder form largest to smallest and list all folder and files sizes in Windows. Folder sizes are missing in Windows 10 File Explorer and it is hard to identify which folders coating large files. Having the folder size displayed on screen makes it very easy to spot the missing space and the large folders and files.
Do not waste your time with difficult tutorials on using Windows File Explorer to list the largest files. Download the free tree size explorer as it can do much more than just listing large files. Nevertheless, there is a tutorial further below on how to use File Explorer in Windows 10 to locate large files. That tutorial can be applied only in Windows 10 as those options are not available in the older versions of Windows Explorer.
Folder Sizes Explorer can Print folders in Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 98 including x86 and x64 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.
Supported server OS: Windows Server 2003 / Home Server / Server 2008 / EBS 2008 / HPC Server 2008 / Server 2008 R2 / Home Server 2011 / Server 2012 / MultiPoint Server / Small Business Server
Find Largest Files in Windows 10
List Largest Files in Windows 8
Find Largest Files in Windows File Explorer
There are many tutorials on the Internet on how to find the largest files using Windows File Explorer. Though it is much more difficult and complicated I have provided detailed instructions on how to do that below.
- Press the File Explorer button on the Windows 10 taskbar or press WIN+E to start Windows File Explorer
- Select the drive or folder that you want to search.
- Click on the Search box at the top-right of Explorer’s window to open the Search tab.
- Select All subfolders.
- Click the Size button.
- Select the Gigantic (>128 MB) option to search for the largest files.
- Select the files that are not needed and press the Delete button to remove them.
While this is not an overly-complicated tutorial, it is much more difficult than using Folder Size Explorer. Also only files that are over the specified file size are listed which may not always be convenient. Folder Size lists the top 100 largest files in a folder and all its subfolders. You do not need to specify minimum size. Also you do not need to search again if you want to analyze another folder or drive. Just click on it and the largest files that are inside will be listed instantly.