About Folder Size Explorer
Folder Size Explorer is a free Windows Explorer extension that will calculate folder sizes. Microsoft's Windows Explorer does not calculate folder sizes automatically. You have to right-click a folder and select "Properties" to calculate its size. While this may be acceptable for a single folder it is very inconvenient if you are trying to determine which folders on your hard drive are taking up the largest disk space.
FSE calculates folder sizes and allows you to see which directories are using up the most disk space simultaneously at a glance. A convenient context menu in Windows Explorer - "Scan with Folder Size" makes it possible to list all folder sizes at any time. The directory analysis tool does not make modifications to the system or Windows Explorer therefore it is absolutely safe. This guarantees that it will not slow-down your system or cause any issues with other applications.
It can save file and folder sizes lists to CSV or XML files that can be viewed in Excel or Notepad. The tool has native 32 and 64-bit versions which guarantees that it will run as fast as possible on your operating system. The free disk analyzer supports Windows 10, 7, 8.1, 8, Vista, XP, 2008, 2012 and 2016.
Explorer folder analysis is free and does not include any bundles or third party applications - we hate that! As you can see we do not even display advertisements on our web site. Sometimes a warning may be displayed in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer ( Microsoft Edge ), or Windows Smart Screen. This is because we release frequent updates and the latest versions of those browsers will display a warning for newly released files. This warning is automatically removed when the file is downloaded by a fair amount of users.
Many people believe that this is dumb, but that is how latest web browsers and Windows work - you get the same warning everywhere on the Internet. If you have any doubts about our files, best thing to do is to download the file or copy the download URL and scan it at VirusTotal.com. That web site will scan any file or URL with ALL the popular antivirus tools simultaneously.
Folder Size Explorer - Features
- Show and calculate file and folder size columns in KB, MB, GB or TB in Windows Explorer
- Export and save Windows Explorer file and folder lists to a csv or xml files
- Automatically resizes Explorer column sizes as you browse folders and files
- Search your files and folders based on text, size, date, name or other attributes
- Summary pane showing breakdown of files by extension, day, month and year
- Fastest possible multi-threaded folder sizing with options to skip folders
- Display largest folders sorted automatically by size
- Locate largest files for easy disk cleanup
- Visualize folder sizes in pie and bard charts to easily view the distribution of your disk space
- Print folder sizes, print files lists
Folder Size Explorer - Screenshots
Folder Sizes Explorer - System Requirements
- Operating stem: Windows XP or newer (Supports Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Windows 98 including x86 and x64 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems. Supported server OS: Windows Server 2003 / Home Server / Server 2008 / EBS 2008 / HPC Server 2008 / Server 2008 R2 / Home Server 2011 / Server 2012 / MultiPoint Server / Small Business Server)
- CPU: Pentium-233 MHz or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 5 MB free hard disk space
- True Color display and video card
- Mouse or other pointing device